Marcus Lindner:

> But it might be intersting to see the opinions from more experienced people
> ;).

Monger [1] has several things Congomongo does not (or did not last time I
looked at it):

* No integration of clj-time (transparent Joda Time types serialization)
* No integration with clojure.data.json
* No query DSL à la Korma
* No recommended way of validating your data

Which means more choices to make and boilerplate code to write on your part.
For basic usage they are probably very similar.

CongoMongo still supports Clojure 1.2 while Monger was created from the ground
up for 1.3 and its dependencies such as Validateur [2] also require Clojure
1.3. So if you have reasons to use 1.2, CongoMongo is a safe bet.

Full disclosure: I am the author of Monger.

1. https://github.com/michaelklishin/monger
2. https://github.com/michaelklishin/validateur

MK