On Apr 11, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Marcus Lindner wrote:
> Another thing about the posted code here.
> When the alogrithm is stopped, the start-stop-agent became the state
> "stopped". Because this agent has not the state "running" anymore, there is
> no send for any other agent anymore. But these agents are available and
> "running" correct?
>
> Does these unused agents use up any System ressources?
> And if yes, might it be better to stop/remove them, when they are unused?

Marcus,

If you're referring to the GP code that I posted [1][2], then I think that all
of the agents are garbage collected (and then use no resources) when you leave
the scope in which they are created. This happens when you finish a call to
pushgp in [1] (which reuses the same collection of agents for each generation),
or a call to pmapall in [2] (which creates fresh agents each time you want to
compute fitnesses).

 -Lee

[1] https://github.com/lspector/Clojush
[2] https://github.com/lspector/taggp