Sorry. I meant the code I posted at the beginning. Not your code [1] and [2].
Sorry for causing a misunderstanding :(.

Am 12.04.2012 01:36, schrieb Lee Spector:
On Apr 11, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Marcus Lindner wrote:
Another thing about the posted code here.
When the alogrithm is stopped, the start-stop-agent became the state "stopped". Because this agent
has not the state "running" anymore, there is no send for any other agent anymore. But these agents
are available and "running" correct?

Does these unused agents use up any System ressources?
And if yes, might it be better to stop/remove them, when they are unused?

Marcus,

If you're referring to the GP code that I posted [1][2], then I think that all
of the agents are garbage collected (and then use no resources) when you leave
the scope in which they are created. This happens when you finish a call to
pushgp in [1] (which reuses the same collection of agents for each generation),
or a call to pmapall in [2] (which creates fresh agents each time you want to
compute fitnesses).

  -Lee

[1] https://github.com/lspector/Clojush
[2] https://github.com/lspector/taggp