I'm trying to get some Clojure code to compile to javascript.

So I've got a clojurescript repl up and running, and I was hoping it would
be a straightforward iterative process of:
Compile code.
Test code.
Get detailed bug (or at least a line number) if I used a feature not
available in clojurescript (e.g., letfn).
Change code.
Repeat.

Unfortunately, it seems that all I get when code doesn't work under
clojurescript is stuff like this:
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot call method "call" of
undefined (<cljs repl>#52)
        at <cljs repl>:52 (anonymous)
        at <cljs repl>:52

I've got nothing to work with, other than this generic report that
(presumably because the compilation failed), the function remains undefined.

So what's the trick for converting code and/or for getting some kind of
meaningful error message in clojurescript?

Thanks.