On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Dave Sann <daves...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I have errors, I use the stacktrace which you can access easily in
> chrome for example to get my bearing and figure out what is going on.

Can you elaborate on this?  Right now, I'm using a rhino repl as per the
getting started instructions.  What makes the stacktrace different or
easier to access in Chrome?

Usual Clojure techniques do not seem to apply:
ClojureScript:test.solve> (.printStackTrace *e)
"Error evaluating:" (.printStackTrace *e) :as
"test.solve._STAR_e.printStackTrace();\r\n"
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot call method
"printStackTrace" of undefined (<cljs repl>#66)
        at <cljs repl>:66 (anonymous)
        at <cljs repl>:66

Most of the messages I see are equally terse.  I've only seen a full
stacktrace a couple of times so far (for example, if I type (nil 2) into
the repl, I get a full stack trace).

I can imagine this would be a lot easier if I were building up the code
incrementally.  But for porting a large body of code which works just fine
in Clojure and then doesn't work in Clojurescript, it's very hard to
pinpoint why it is not working without some kind of useful information
about what isn't working.  I do find the Javascript relatively readable,
and even line numbers that point at that would help.