Three weeks ago I stumbled across the Anti-If Campaign (
http://www.antiifcampaign.com/).

An instant later I realized that one could easily re-implement "if" in
Clojure with maps. More interestingly, polymorphic functions can be easily
motivated with the help of maps. And this naturally leads to multimethods.

If you like, enjoy reading my blogpost on "The root of polymorphism: The
Anti-If Campaign". It might be an interesting read for Clojure enthusiasts.

http://denkspuren.blogspot.de/2012/05/root-of-polymorphism-anti-if-campaign.html

Cheers,

Dominikus