Hi Dominikus,
and thanks for sharing your valuable thought.

I did not read the antiifcampaign, but I remember very well the number of
ifs code lines
 were present in java window toolkit (1995), just because they did not add
NullLayout class to polymorphically manage the absence of a layout manager.
So I should say: I agree by principle.

Conditions and polymorphism are orthogonal each other, at least with an OO
approach. Less ifs you have, more clear is your model. No ifs, and you
reach the perfection of a model. But the perfection is not pragmatic. Few
ifs, its human. No if its divine. And I'm little bit less than human, so I
prefere to stay with few ifs.

Anyway, very nice post.

Mimmo