I fully support Warren's point of view. I'm also unhappy with current
behaviour of sequence functions (more accurate: I think it can be made even
better).

In my mind, protocols (interfaces?) based, polymorphic core functions is
just what we need. Moreover, similar request has been done already (e.g.
see CLJ-803) for reasons completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

I think some parts of clojure can be considered "broken", quoting from
doc-strings for deftype, defrecord, extend: "Alpha - subject to change",
"It is TBD how
  to specify which impl to use".

I believe Warren has provided some constructive criticism of the language
and rised important problems. It's a good idea to create corresponding wiki
page on JIRA.

This thread was definitely useful for me, and I find the discussion
interesting and worthy too.