On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Ben Smith-Mannschott
<bsmith.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested and I have a CA with Rich, but I'm currently exploring
> using XOM from Clojure. My first impression is that the API is very
> clean (as a Java API) and I appreciate its emphasis on correctness. I
> could see data.xml benefiting from some of the ideas in XOM, if only
> indirectly. In any event I need to suss out the problem space more
> thoroughly before it would make sense to hack on data.xml.
>
> // Ben

The first results of my experiments interfacing with XOM are on github now:

https://github.com/bpsm/xombie

It's on just started and very experimental, but there's enough there
to allow one to comfortably use core XOM functionality from Clojure.

So far, I'm quite impressed by XOM (XML Object Model). As Java APIs
go, it's quite clean and approachable. Just be aware that a XOM is
*not* persistent. It's a rampant nest of mutability, as one would
expect from any idiomatic Java API. ;-) That said, I'm convinced it's
possible to use it tastefully so as not to be unduly impacted by this.

// Ben