Meikel,

For you (and me) it's not a problem; I have even looked at pom.xml
files in certain cases to figure out the latest version, etc. but
"normal" people don't care, they wish to get started as soon as
possible.

People don't read README files as well, but on Github README files are
rendered as the home-page for a repository by default so we should try
to put in as much useful information right there as possible.

At the very least, you'd want to mention the latest stable release (a
SNAPSHOT as well if feasible) and the repository (in case it's not on
either central or clojars).

Regards,
BG

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Michael Klishin
<michael.s.klis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Meikel Brandmeyer (kotarak):
>
>> why recommending a specific version at all?
>>
>> Just point to search.maven.org or mvnrepository.com and let the user choose
>> one?
>
> Because users do not want to choose?
>
> Just give her a version to install, asking people to go through
> maven search results figuring out how to determine what's the most recent
> version is at least not
> very friendly.
>
> MK
>
> mich...@defprotocol.org