On 7 Aug 2012, at 15:16, Roberto Mannai <roberm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting, I guess the monome is hooked by:
> (def m (poly/init "/dev/tty.usbserial-m64-0790"))
> And the incoming events by (poly/on-press... Etc

Yes, although in the future all the monome events will be sent directly to
Overtone's event system. This is currently how MIDI devices are now handled and
is the recommended approach to connecting external controls with Overtone.
Using the event system allows you (and other band hackers connected to the JVM
process) to bind handlers from arbitrary namespaces rather than having to have
direct access to the `m` var in the ns you do poly/init.

> I even didn't suspect that Emacs would allow such graphical "overlays", have
> any link to doc?

It's not actually graphical - I run Emacs in a terminal emulator ;-) Docs for
overlays can be found here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Overlays.html#Overlays

> Coming to the very exciting topic about interprocess comunication between
> Emacs and a Midi controller I'll look forward to your code - I hope you'd
> like give us at least a general overview of the architecture :)

Keep pestering me and I'll get round to it. I've only just started to explore
the possibilities of having such a close relationship between Emacs and Clojure
- but what I've seen so far is really promising. There will most certainly be
more to come...

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name