Tim King <king...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Tim,

> I am happy to announce version 0.1.3 of nrepl.el, an Emacs client for
> nREPL.
>
> https://github.com/kingtim/nrepl.el
>
> Please give it a try!

I just gave it a try (normally using clojure-jack-in, that is, swank).
One really cool thing is its fast startup.

Some things that are show-stoppers for me:

  - If it's installed, it hooks into clojure-mode unconditionally.
    Don't do that.  What if I want to use swank in project A and nrepl
    in project B?

    It would be ok to activate nrepl-interaction-mode automatically for
    buffers visiting files that are contained in the project I jack in
    right now, though.

  - Because of the (set-keymap-parent map clojure-mode-map) in the
    definition of nrepl-interaction-mode-map, DEL in clojure-mode will
    call backward-delete-char-untabify and thus break paredit.  Please
    remove that line.

  - The completion only completes if there's exactly one match.  If
    there are multiple candidates, it simply echos them in the echo
    area.  Why not doing the usual emacs completion stuff with a
    *Completions* buffer and completing the common prefix?

  - The completion always adds a space after a successful completion
    which is annoying.

I didn't try it more extensively.  It looks like it has a lot of
potential, but it still needs some work.  If I find some time, I can try
to make the completions stuff into the standard emacs way, but don't
hold your breath.

Bye,
Tassilo