Tassilo Horn <t...@gnu.org> writes:

> Tim King <king...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am happy to announce version 0.1.3 of nrepl.el, an Emacs client for
>> nREPL.

Thrilled to see this release go out. Thanks, Tim!

> Some things that are show-stoppers for me:
>
>   - If it's installed, it hooks into clojure-mode unconditionally.
>     Don't do that.  What if I want to use swank in project A and nrepl
>     in project B?

There's an open ticket for only activating nrepl-interaction-mode for
files that are determined to be inside the project root:

    https://github.com/kingtim/nrepl.el/issues/34

For now it behaves like slime and assumes you'll only have one active
session per Emacs instance since that's the workflow used by the people
who have been hacking on it so far. =)

>   - The completion only completes if there's exactly one match.  If
>     there are multiple candidates, it simply echos them in the echo
>     area.  Why not doing the usual emacs completion stuff with a
>     *Completions* buffer and completing the common prefix?

I looked into some of the other options for completion, but none of them
seemed appropriate. The docs for pcomplete seem to imply it's designed
for repl-style buffers and not coding major-modes, while hippie-expand
doesn't work asynchronously. Is there a specific mechanism you'd
recommend for this? I agree that using our own implementation isn't
ideal.

>   - The completion always adds a space after a successful completion
>     which is annoying.

This is pretty typical of other completion modes, but maybe if we built
in terms of built-in functionality then existing customization to
suppress it would apply.

-Phil