Nevermind. I used lein deps :tree to analyze my current dependency
tree an realized korma depended on Clojure 1.3.0 - why lein was

I upgraded Korma and lein repl now respects my preference for clojure 1.4.0

All is well in the world. Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges
www.leonardoborges.com