here's my solution:
https://gist.github.com/3766508

the original (done in 2 hours) solution is commented out. i made some
improvements and solved the whole thing in 39 lines (counting only the
content of "main"). doing it in the minimal amount of lines was not my
goal. i was trying to minimize the logic. shorter code was just a side
effect.

try to beat it :). let's see how that looks in clojure.