On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM, kovas boguta <kovas.bog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The one that bit me specifically was clojure.contrib.string =>
> clojure.string . Not criticising the new design, its just a fact that
> its not backwards compatible.

I believe that happened in Clojure 1.2, even before monolithic contrib was
broken up...

c.c.string is not listed here:

http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Where+Did+Clojure.Contrib+Go

so the caveat applies: "If a clojure.contrib namespace is not listed here,
it is most likely an old namespace that was either migrated somewhere else
or deprecated as part of Clojure 1.2" (and c.c.string is explicitly called
out as an earlier migration).

You can't hold up c.c.string as an example of a problem with the break up
of old contrib since it predates that - so you're talking about a problem
going from Clojure 1.1 to 1.2?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."