robermann79:

> I'm pretty sure you have already thought about it and it's me that missed
> your considerations, but why we are not using a wiki-based tool, like
> Wordpress, instead of forking a git branch?

 * Developers prefer writing docs and code examples in their favorite
editor and not a browser input field
 * Rapid feedback when writing and working on code examples locally in the
REPL
 * Everybody and their grandma are on GitHub. Asking people to sign up for
a yet another wiki-like system? Please.
 * Static HTML is as low maintenance as it gets when it comes to hosting
content
 * Full control over how we want the site to be structured and what we want
it to look like

there are more reasons but I hope this answers your question.

MK