On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:20:09 PM UTC+11, Brian Marick wrote:

>      hash.become(TimesliceShaped)

For the longest time I thought you were talking about the core Hash#become
(Hash#replace since 2002!).  I've since become acquainted with Stunted. :)

That said, I'm a sucker for "non-OO" design, even in Ruby—I tend to prefer
explicitly naming the (module+)function and thus making it clear how data
are being transformed.  This is just a personal preference, but I suppose
it might also help with not internalising any bad ideas about a given
(Functional)Hash *being* a particular thing by virtue of the methods we've
attached thus far.

(I'll admit here and now, though, that I'm out of depth in experience, and
will see how wrong I can prove myself in the coming days. :-))