On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM, larry google groups
<lawrencecloj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, if I look here:
>
> http://clojure.github.com
>
> Can I assume that anything that starts with "clojure.core" is not a
> dependency? And everything else is?

No, some clojure.core.* namespaces are contribs (and need a
project.clj dependency), some are built-in. Per my original email:

> On Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:57:26 PM UTC-4, Sean Corfield wrote:
>> http://clojure.github.com
>>
>> If it's listed separated there, it's a contrib you need to pull in
>> explicitly. Otherwise it's part of Clojure itself.

Everything listed in the left hand column is a contrib that you need
to pull in (as a dependency) in your project.clj, including:

core.cache
core.incubator
core.match
core.memoize
core.unify

(and core.logic which is, for some reason, missing from that list)

>> Clojure's namespaces are documented here (linked from 'clojure' in the
>> left column of the above page):
>>
>> http://clojure.github.com/clojure/

Anything listed in the left hand column here is built-in (also listed
under Table of Contents on the right), no dependency needed (other
than Clojure itself), you just need to :require it in your namespace.

Finding clojure.core.protocols is a little harder, since it's a
sub-namespace of clojure.core so you'll find it here:

http://clojure.github.com/clojure/clojure.core-api.html

Specifically:

http://clojure.github.com/clojure/clojure.core-api.html#clojure.core.protocols

You might find the Clojure Atlas helpful for navigating the built-in
Clojure namespaces and functions:

http://www.clojureatlas.com/

It's a bit of a sprawling universe of namespaces and can be a bit
daunting when you first start working in Clojure but you soon get used
to the layout (honest!).

Hope that helps?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN