Yep, I'll probably use the trick I used in clisk and chunk the image up
into different pieces that can be handed off to different processors. Also
I'm planning to make the scene data structures immutable, so the concurrent
access should work nicely.

Long term goal might be to do some distribution across machines (using
pallet perhaps?), that gets important when you start doing multi-frame
renders for animations.

Agree about the POV syntax from a porting / translation perspective, I'll
try to make the syntax as close as I can while "clojurizing" it...