Everybody,

I'd like to define a systemwide data structure with Clojure. I'd like it to
represent input data, and derived data. Some specified derived data could
be temporary for the calculation of other derived data. I also would like
to use functions to specify the derivation of data. The idea would be to
specify small derivations/transformations that would eventually produce the
desired output.

Once I have the system specified in such way, I'd like it to produce an SQL
database. And generate code that would be 'practical' to run at the
database level. And have the code that is best to run in Clojure to remain
on Clojure. I understand that deciding where is best to execute the code
may need to be a human activity. But I'd like the system to be flexible.

I think that the current basic Clojure operations may not be best suited
for this kind of specification. But I do think clojure may be the best
language to do this kind specification. Any ideas/opinions?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Arturo Hernandez