Mikera,

Thank you for your reply, potentially it would include many machines. But
the main motivation is to write less code, abstracting the actual
implementation. I read that Storm is an implementation of Hadoop, I don't
think I need to process that much data. But if I was I would like to be
able to translate the same primitive operations to Storm or SQL (I'm
leaving Datomic aside for a little bit..)

I have used SQL quite a bit and I think that a subset of Clojure may be
almost directly translatable to SQL. By having a representation of all
input data I could represent updates as functions that take the original
data and produce a second database with a change of structure.