On Jan 6, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's what I use to pull symbols from Enlive into FW/1:

Midje plays similar tricks to make namespace abilities available via one `use`.

Which makes me think:

1: In the old patterns world, there was a "rule of three" which claimed that
something shouldn't be published as a pattern until it could be demonstrated in
three real systems.

2: Lispers like Gabriel and others noted that what were patterns in languages
like Smalltalk and C++ were built into Lisp or were easily regularized
in-language with macros.

Therefore: to me, this email thread suggests that the ability to do such
consolidation should be immortalized not in email examples of patterns ("here's
how I accomplished X") but - in a more Lispy fashion - by writing a common
library and making it available to the user base. That is: functions like
Adam's and Sean's and mine should be in some official library close to
clojure.core.

--------
Occasional consulting on programming technique
Contract programming in Ruby and Clojure
Latest book: /Functional Programming for the Object-Oriented Programmer/
https://leanpub.com/fp-oo