Hi,
wherever you start from (all the cited books are from good to very good), I
think that one day you could take you're time to read a couple amazing
books.

SICP: http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/

and

Onlisp: http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisp.html

I studied the first one (written for scheme) almost 30 years ago, but its
still "the book" for any serious programmer.  The second one (written for
CommonLisp) is very, really very amazing if you want to be serious with
macros.

That said I'm still waiting for a very good book about co-recursion in
clojure (or whatever functional programming). If someone has advice for
that, I'll appreciate.

Mimmo