repl-y (Lein's default repl) only shows the first line of the stack trace
rather than the whole thing. nrepl.el can optionally behave the same.

It's a good default - as I see it, it relieves 90% of the pain associated
to errors in clojure.

As for the contents of those first-lines - it often is unrelated to the
actual cause of the error - but determining it is absolutely non-trivial.
That's why Java displays the whole traces, all lines can be necessary.

Not checking the validity of every single possible parameter a fn receives,
or every single interaction that can occur between pieces of code, is just
a fact of life when programming in dynamic languages.

Finally, what's a good language, error-info wise? Can't recall one.