works for me:
=> (*let [^java.io.BufferedReader a
(clojure.java.io/reader"c:\\windows\\setupact.log")] (println (. a
readLine)))
*
AudMig: No audio endpoint migration settings found 0x2
nil

=> *(let [a (clojure.java.io/reader "c:\\windows\\setupact.log")] (println
(. a readLine)))*
Reflection warning, NO_SOURCE_PATH:1:72 - reference to field readLine can't
be resolved.
AudMig: No audio endpoint migration settings found 0x2
nil

=> **clojure-version**
{:major 1, :minor 5, :incremental 0, :qualifier "RC4"}

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Kanwei Li <kan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it doesn't work.
>
> Reflection warning, NO_SOURCE_PATH:20 - call to write can't be resolved.
>
> Reflection warning, NO_SOURCE_PATH:21 - reference to field newLine can't
> be resolved.
>
> On Sunday, February 3, 2013 2:35:23 PM UTC-5, Luc wrote:
>
>> Why not add type hints like this ?
>>
>> (let [^java.io.BufferedReader in ....
>>        ^java.io.BufferedWriter out ...]
>> ..
>>
>> Luc P.
>>
>> > Hey guys,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to read a lot of data, sometimes from *in* and sometimes
>> from a
>> > file. I extensively use the native .write and .read java methods.
>> >
>> > According to the clojure doc for reader, it says that "Default
>> > implementations always return a BufferedReader". However, when I write,
>> >
>> > (*defn* solve [src dest]
>> >
>> >   (*let* [in (clojure.java.io/reader src)
>> >
>> >         out (clojure.java.io/writer dest)
>> >
>> > I get a bunch of reflection warnings on .read and .write, and most of
>> the
>> > running time is spent on reflection. AFAIK you can't type hint a (let)
>> > construct, so what should I do here?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > --
>> > ---
>> Groups "Clojure" group.
>> an email to clojure+u...@**googlegroups.com.
>> > For more options, visit
>> > https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_out<https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.
>>

>> --
>> Softaddicts<lprefo...@**softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!
>>
>  --

Please correct me if I'm wrong or incomplete,
even if you think I'll subconsciously hate it.