I used to be a big Python user, and I liked the use of whitespace for
structure back then. The only time it caused me a problem was when cutting
and pasting code fragments, which didn't happen very often. Now that I've
been using Racket (Scheme) and Clojure for a while, I like the parentheses
better. My only complaint is that I have to press the shift key to type
them.

I'm also teaching Racket to High School students. The simple regular syntax
of Racket is much easier for them to learn than Java, which I taught a
couple of years ago. They seldom have problems with syntax errors in
Racket, but they did all the time in Java. Teaching with Racket, I can
focus on logic and design rather than syntax. Since most of my students
have done very little programming before, they are not scared by the
parentheses.

So, I've come to the conclusion that parenthesis-hate is just prejudice.
Lisps don't look like the languages people already know. Python actually
fights the same kind of problem with people who come from the C/Java world
because significant whitespace is different from what they are used to. And
in the old days when I first learned C, most people were used to Fortran,
Cobol, Basic, and Pascal, and they complained about the curly-braces and
terseness of C.

If someone wants to create a no-parenthesis version of Clojure, that would
be fine, but it wouldn't be Clojure. Many of the good qualities of Clojure
would work in a non-Lisp language, and it might develop a following.
However, I don't think you will find many people who currently like Clojure
to be interested in doing the work because they probably like the
parentheses. Why should they spend time creating another language when you
like what you have?