*With some fellow Belgian clojurians (Frederik De
Bleser<http://www.enigmeta.com/>& Wim De Clerq)  I’m planning to organise a
Clojure meetup in Belgium while
being inspired by the Amsterdam clojurians. So far no decisions have been
made so don’t expect to find information like the planning, a date and the
location in this post yet. This message is merely a quick check whether
people are interested. If you are interested in a meetup, please let us
know.

Why a meetup?
It is always interesting to meet people with common interests. Wanting to
share opinions, insights and projects is a really valuable virtue. Sharing
ideas gets more fun and easy if you can talk to each other in person. It's
the interaction that makes the transfer rate of knowledge increase rapidly.
Doing this in group only makes this process more pleasurable and
interesting.

What will it be about?
There are a lot of options of what the meetup could be about. So this part
of the meetup is still in brainstorm-phase.
For instance, we could have some sessions on some different clojure related
topics / projects. The topics might be very diverse: going from big data,
music/visuals, core.logic, to meta-stuff and projects you worked on.

A quick idea: One might give a session on heroku, where we build a website
for this meetup group and deploy it to heroku. (Or something alike)

If you have any interesting ideas about what we could do as well, don’t
hesitate to let us know. Also if you are interested in giving a session you
can let us know as well.

Where and when?
At this early stage of setup, it is really hard to tell. But belgium is not
that
large so a finding a suitable location shouldn’t be that hard.
Nevertheless,  I would like to ask anyone interested in the meetup to leave
a comment to let us know what city you live in, what time of the day you
would prefer and what locations you prefer.

What now?
Everything is still a bit vague at the moment but as soon as decisions are
going to be made, I’ll be sure to post updates.
We really hope that we’ll be able to get it started so any advice is really
appreciated (also from non belgian people!)

You can also follow the latest developments by following @belgiumclj on
twitter. *