I am around the same figures, mostly cpu time.

If I take our software which is AOT compiled, I can eval nil (or simple values)
through clojure.man in 0.9 seconds. I see this as a significant improvement,
we use about two dozen Clojure libs, most of which get at least partially
compiled
prior to launch.

I still wonder how better lein would fare with an AOT version for my specific
vm.

I leave for a business trip in a couple weeks. Looks like the kind of project
I could find sone time working on.

I understand not delivering AOT libs through maven not knowing the target
environment but having a tuning tool to speed up loading by avoiding compilation
would help with all the tooling starting to appear.

I suspect that most people are not switching JVMs every hour or so.

Thoughts ?

Luc

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!