If you look at the dependencies you are using, the Clojure libs
are delivered as source code.

This makes sense, the lib creator/maintainer does not have the slightest idea
of your target runtime (which JVM implementation, which version,...).
There a single version available to all possible target environments.

Everytime you start a new JVM, the name spaces you require directly or
indirectly are recompiled before being used.

If you can avoid restarting your REPL, you save on this overhead, you pay it
only for the source code you change and reload.

This is why I want to see if some plugin could be created to pre-compile
your dependencies. The startup times should improve.

I want also to investigate if lein itself could be pre-compiled by the same
plugin.

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!