On 15 Mar 2013, at 07:04, Meikel Brandmeyer (kotarak) <m...@kotka.de> wrote:

> this highly depends on the sequence function at hand. Usually they are
> guaranteed to be as lazy as possible. But the are two aspects: a) sometimes
> you need to look ahead to actually perform the action (eg. take-while or
> drop-while) and b) sometimes there might be a bug in the implementation and
> it is not as lazy as it could be. You can't do anything about a). And b) is
> very unlikely but also happened in the past.

So the word I'm interested in in that sentence is "guaranteed". I can see, from
reading the source, what's "guaranteed" by a particular lazy structure and/or
function. But that's just a statement about the current implementation, which
might change in a future version of the language/library. Are these guarantees
stated anywhere, or is my only recourse reading the source and/or experimenting
with examples?

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: p...@paulbutcher.com