I don't have much to contribute here, just some vague observations pulled
out of distant memories. So this is fuzzy, and I apologize for that.

I started working on this same sort of thing, sometime late last year.
Setting up a basic project using jME in clojure worked fine under 64-bit
Windows. Trying the same in 64-bit linux failed, because it kept trying to
use the 32-bit native shared library. I've been meaning to go back to try
renaming the 64-bit library, but I haven't found the time to find the
project since I got distracted.

The one suggestion I got about the problem on stackoverflow was from a Java
guy with no experience in clojure. IIRC, he suggested that I needed to
specify something in the :native-dependencies in project.clj. That sounded
wrong at the time, since I specifically mentioned that I was using lein2.
But I barely qualify as a "clojure programmer," and I'm definitely out of
my league (for now) when it comes to things like java and maven.

I got distracted back then, and I haven't had any time since to try to
figure out what's going on.

FWIW, using the jME version of netbeans worked fine on my linux box.

I've asked a couple of Java gurus about it, and they didn't have any
suggestions.

This may be totally obsolete information that isn't relevant anymore. But I
think this is an extremely interesting project, and it seems worth
mentioning. As vague and useless as it probably is.

I didn't want to clutter the main mailing list with the details back then,
because I wanted to try to track down whether the problem was something in
my lein setup, some weird configuration in the way jME packages their jars,
or simply my lack of knowledge about the way java resolves native library
dependencies. I still don't, so it seems worth at least tentatively
suggesting a mailing list for this sort of conversation (maybe something
about "clojure 3d graphics"?). I won't have much time for it in the near
future, but I'd be more than happy to contribute what I'm able.

Then again, I probably should have started asking here in the first place.

However it works, I definitely wish good luck!

Regards,
James