So what do you see as the advantage in going the clojure-metal path?  Is it
that RPython is such a pain to debug that it ends up not being worth it in
the end?  Is the tradeoff essentially being able to do things exactly how
you want in LLVM versus having to put up with warts that might not quite
fit in PyPy?  Or is there something the clojure-metal path will make easier
than going with RPython?  (Also didn't I see in the clojure-py blog once
that you overcame the lack of threading by launching separate processes?
 Is there a reason that wouldn't work in the real world?)