Have you tried Eclipse Emacs+? http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/emacs

04.06.2013, 21:41, "Korny Sietsma" <ko...@sietsma.com>:
My 2c - I use emacs, I love it.  I don't inflict it on my team, and I strongly disagree with it being "easy".  To learn the basics, yes, but full fluency?  If you have someone fluent in IntelliJ, with the major keystrokes in their muscle memory, and an instinctive familiarity with all the gui features, they are not going to be as productive in emacs in a hurry.

Also, while I love the power of emacs, it's really struggling these days with the text-only idiom.  Speedbar is no replacement for a graphical directory tree.  Coloured text blocks next to modified lines is no replacement for being able to hover over a changed line and having a pop-up (a real pop-up, that is) tool tip that shows you the changes since the last commit.  And don't get me started on selecting fonts and other customizations...

For an IDE for someone not from a vim/emacs background, I'd use whichever of Intellij or Eclipse is most familiar.  Eclipse is more clojure-friendly, but it has many warts as well - if you know IntelliJ, it's clojure plugin is definitely good enough.

- Korny