Thank you all, I've learned something from each entry. My latest version,
incorporating some of the changes suggested:

(defn make-crypto []
  (let [lower (map char (range (int \a) (inc (int \z))))
        upper (map char (range (int \A) (inc (int \Z))))
        digit (map char (range (int \0) (inc (int \9))))

        [sl su sd] (map shuffle [lower upper digit])

        encrypt (zipmap (concat lower upper digit)
                        (concat sl su sd))]
    (fn [s]
      (apply str (map #(encrypt % %) s)))))

I specified the range the way I did because I wanted meaningful start and
end points, I don't have the code points for many characters memorized.