On 19/06/13 11:15, Jim wrote:
After letting the jvm warm up a bit I am getting:

"Elapsed time: 68.498756 msecs" for mapv
"Elapsed time: 49.066978 msecs" for foldcat (!!!)

Hmm....I think I see what was happening 2 days ago...when measuring 'mapv' I'd like to reuse the same Object as everything happens serially (no danger). However when measuring foldcat I must create a new stemmer object for every single word and then throw it out because there is parallelism.

or could it be that I have 4 cores at home but only 2 here? i anything I'd expect faster execution with 4 cores not slower....on the other hand maybe with 4 cores there are more concatenations going on...

or could I just be confusing my timings from 2 days ago? maybe...

Jim

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure" group.