Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the ideas; I'll think about how to implement them with a
sensible API.

I have one question which you might have some expertise on:

How does eclipse / CCW deal with the alt/option key on the Mac?

The issue is that option+key on mac is generally intercepted and turned
into an international unicode character. For instance on my keyboard
option+s gets realized as ß .  (Another major annoyance is that these do
not cause key-events, but rather input-method-events, but I digress)

The hack that I'm using now is to just have a map like {"ß" "s" "∂" "d"
...} to map them back to their original keys, before sending them to the
paredit keymap. The problem is that this mapping is not gonna be consist
for international keyboards.

Rummaging through your code, I could only find keymaps where the meta key
has already been resolved.

Do you have any idea how eclipse achieves this? Is it a matter of SWT
working differently than awt/swing? Or do have any other ideas for a
systematic solution?

Thanks!