On Friday, August 9, 2013 10:07:39 PM UTC-7, Sean Corfield wrote:
> Can we _please_ get the Leiningen artifacts placed somewhere that
> doesn't cause all sorts of SSL problems? This has been a repeated
> problem over the last several releases. Mac and Windows users have
> been s.o.l. each time until it is resolved.

None of these problems have had anything to do with SSL.

It's been two things: the self-install function was moved, and the S3 ACL
was incorrect due to a typo while uploading. The S3 issues are being
addressed by ensuring more of the Leiningen team has access to the AWS
account; the reason I'm waiting for the 2.3.1 release is that I want to
find a time when I can step through it with one of the other contributors
so they are familiar with the process and can do it when I'm not around.

The self-install was broken such that the implicit self-install happened
before HTTP_CLIENT was set. The explicit self-install command happens later
if you're running it from a checkout of Leiningen itself, which must have
been the case when I was testing.

Anyway, a new download location wouldn't solve either of these issues.

In the mean time I've reset the "stable" branch back to 2.2.0, so upgrades
and new users won't be affected. If you want to use 2.3.0, you can export
HTTP_CLIENT and run `lein upgrade 2.3.0` specifically and it will still
pull it in.

You can always back out of an upgrade by running `lein upgrade 2.1.3` or
whatever; the upgrade command doesn't care which direction it's going.

-Phil