Ahhh, the good old Lisp syntax debate!

I learned Clojure back in 2008, and it was my first Lisp (and is still the
only Lisp I'm comfortable with).

I've had lots of Java experience, and a fair amount of Ruby experience over
the years... With occasional bits and pieces in other languages like
Erlang, Prolog, Python etc... and more recently I've been learning Haskell
on and off.

Syntax is pretty much the least important thing about a programming
language (it's all about the semantics), but of all these syntaxes
Clojure's is definitely the one I love the most.  It's simple, logical,
unambiguous, consistent and very user friendly when it comes to moving
chunks of code around in a good editor (e.g. Emacs + paredit).

Subjectively I found Erlang's syntax pretty horrible (though I like the
language itself), Ruby's is superficially beautiful but in practice
ambiguous and not without its warts...

I don't know Scala but whenever I read introductions to the language the
amount of syntax terrifies me...  I accept that this is an irrational
reaction; similar to what many people get about s-expressions...  I just
find it interesting that it goes both ways.

I'm no where near proficient in Haskell (very much still learning), but
it's syntax is pretty confusing in parts... though it has bits that I
really like.

R.