Then they are very weak in terms of tooling evaluation. If people are unwilling
to look objectively at a pros/cons analysis why bother with them ?

Why scrap the syntax for this kind of people ? I am not saying that there are
not
nice people to have a coffee with or a beer. I am just saying that they are not
questioning their practices. This is part of their job.

I met a CTO of a huge corporation last year who did not want anything to change.
He's maintaing his shop in the stone age. Live and let die then.

Acceptance based on such superficial criteria as syntax maybe ok for a hobby but
for serious and challenging work ?
In 2009 we ended up with comments like "how will they find resources, ..." after
announcing that we were in prod with Clojure, the usual fud.

Clojure is no more an "risky" choice, there is some traction out there, the
keyword
by itself appears now on job postings since what more than a year ago ?

If the syntax was so much debilitating, you would not see this happening.

It's not a cosmetic product marketing campaign :)

Clojure establishes itself at what seems like a slow pace but if I look
backward, there's been a lot of ground covered in five years and the momentum
is still going on.

In five years from now, I predict that we will see highly performant shops
using Clojure as their main language to solve problems that seem today out of
reach
or for which previous attempts failed.

Many will feel left behind. It's called evolution :)

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!