Definitely. I would agree a choice would be nice or even another font-lock
group. There have been times where I forgot about a #_ somewhere in my code
and spent a moment in confusion. Highlighting definitely would have been
valuable. It would be cool if code following #_ were semi-transparent or
something nifty like that. I think that's possible in the gui version of
Emacs.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/8/29 Joel Holdbrooks <cjholdbro...@gmail.com>:
> > I would imagine it is intended since #_ is a reader macro. #_ is not
> > intended for commenting. Rather, it instructs the Clojure Reader to
> ignore
> > entirely the subsequent form. This is much different from the comment
> macro
> > (which simply takes any number of arguments and returns nil) or the ;
> > comment syntax.
> >
> > It might be a bit involved to have #_ and the subsequent form appear
> > commented through clojure-mode's syntax highlighting. However, it would
> also
> > incorrectly express the semantics of #_ which, arguably, is counter to
> the
> > goal of syntax highlighting.
>
> Yet it is certainly better, given a dual choice, to present it as
> commented code.
> Counterclockwise does this since more than a year, and so far, nobody
> has complained.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Laurent
>

> > On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:09:11 PM UTC-7, JvJ wrote:
> >>
> >> Although semicolons cause the text color to change in order to look
> >> "commented-out", the #_ reader macro doesn't cause any such change.  Is
> this
> >> intended, or is it a bug?
> >
> > --
> > --