On 28 Sep 2013, at 01:22, Rich Morin <r...@cfcl.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Paul Butcher <p...@paulbutcher.com> wrote:
>> I'm currently working on a book on concurrent/parallel development for The
>> Pragmatic Programmers. ...
>
> Ordered; PDF just arrived (:-).

Cool - very interested to hear your feedback once you've had a chance to read
it.

> I don't know yet whether the book has anything like this, but I'd
> like to see a table that shows which concurrency and parallelism
> approaches are supported (and to what extent) by various languages.
>
> So, actors, agents, queues, reducers (etc) would be on one axis;
> Clojure, Erlang, Go, and Ruby (etc) would be on the other.  I'd
> expect Clojure to have pretty complete coverage; Ruby, not so much.

That might make a good appendix or section in the (as yet unwritten) wrap-up
chapter - thanks for the suggestion.

And yes, I suspect that you're right that Clojure will fare well in the
comparison :-)

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: p...@paulbutcher.com