That is because the repl is specific to a given project, so there would not
be much point in a general shortcut (or it would require more work than
juste wrapping the commandline repl, such as a gui to beowse the filesystem
to a given project).

You have to start the repl from the root folder of your project. Then the
repl loads all of the code from your project and can actually work as it is
intended.