As for UI.

Isnt reactjs (facebook renderer library) a good fit for pedestal ?

it appears to use the same ideas of webfui. Webfui's author even
complimented reacjts guys for their work:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/reactjs/conrad/reactjs/e3bYersyd64/fH83IFqXb2oJ

There are a recent integration with our beloved clojurescript.
https://github.com/piranha/pump

An extern:
https://github.com/steida/este-library/blob/master/externs/react.js

And look at this Flux thing:
https://github.com/cascadiajs/2013.cascadiajs.com/blob/master/a-better-way-to-structure-clientside-apps_jingc.md
(Imutable structures and getting away from two way data binding)