On Nov 29, 2013, at 11:14 PM, guns <s...@sungpae.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am happy to announce version 1.5.0 of Slamhound, technomancy's amazing
> ns rewriting tool.
>
>    ;; ~/.lein/profiles.clj
>    {:user {:dependencies [[slamhound "1.5.0"]]}}
>
> This is a *major* bugfix release. If you've tried Slamhound in the past
> and felt frustrated, now is a great time to give it another try.

This is a great idea… but I’m having an awful time getting it to work.

Two problems:

1) if I try it on junky experimental clojure programs, files that execute when
loaded and don’t do anything serious but explore some feature of clojure, I’m
getting this error when running from vim:

        Error detected while processing function
slamhound#reconstruct..fireplace#eval..fireplace#session_eval..<SNR>37_eval..86:
        line   38:
        E605: Exception not caught: Error running Clojure: Error: Could not
find or load main class clojure.main^@

   And from the command line it silently does nothing.

2) most of my real code, maybe all since I can’t find anything else, uses
ring/compojure and midge. Midje is used in-line (the facts are in the source
file not in the test directory).
  — from inside vim, again since Slamhound never terminates, I’ve got to
Control-C out of it, and consequently the buffer is never updated.
  — when I run Slamhound from the command line:
      — it never terminates
      — despite not terminating, it does update all but one of the files
properly
      — it does not handle the file(s) that start ring servers and complains:
             Failed to reconstruct: #<File src/jel/server.clj>
             Address already in use
         This is even if the address really isn’t in use, I think it’s trying
to ‘run’ server.clj a second time. And it doesn’t terminate either.

However, the changes it makes to the namespaces are excellent!

I tried updating both fireplace and clojure-static but that made no difference.

Cheers,
Bob