On Jan 25, 2014, at 2:12 AM, Alexandr Kurilin <a...@kurilin.net> wrote:

> I'd love to be able to set breakpoints in a running clojure application, step
> through the code and inspect locals and the referencing environment. Anything
> that gets me off of the time-consuming process of adding
> timbre/clojure.tools.trace statements would be really welcome. Is vim-redl
> the closest I can get to that, or is ritz the way to go? Any other
> recommendations?

The paradox is that you can have a simulacra of those features with
ClojureScript by using :source-map and  Chrome Developer Tools. But AFAIK you
loose something at the moment (e.g. cljs completion, cljs documentation).

That said, when the scenario allows it, I always write portable CLJ/CLJS code
by using cljx plugin. This way I can have an almost full powered REPL
experience with CLJ REPL and when I really need to set breakpoints or inspect
locals  (very rare), I switch to CLJS….

mimmo