Hi,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Rohan Prinja <rohan.pri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'm Rohan Prinja, a third year Computer Science undergrad at
> IIT Bombay. I love programming in Lisp-family languages and although I have
> only recently begun to use Clojure, I'm already quite familiar with Racket
> and Common Lisp. I also have a basic knowledge of the J programming
> language.
>
> I am really interested in furthering my knowledge of Clojure while at the
> same time producing some meaningful contributions and in my opinion,
> contributing to open source via GSoC is the best way for me to do that!
I second you on that. I participated in GSoC last year on the project
Algebraic Expressions
and it was a very good experience and I definitly learned a lot by doing it.
> I went through the project ideas list and I feel that the Linear Algebra for
> Clojure project is the best one for me because I have a strong foundation in
> Linear Algebra.
I would be very happy if you manage to work on this project. Having
support for the
linear algebra operations is a long standing issue in core.matrix.
Also Mike did a fantastic job mentoring me last year ;)
> Please give me some suggestions on understanding and learning more about the
> project. So far I've seen the Enter the Matrix Clojure conj talk and have
> begun browsing the core.matrix source on Github. What other things can I do?
I think it is good to contact Mike Anderson (mikera on this
list) directly for your gsoc specific questions regarding this project
idea and what you can do
to prepare yourself for it. Here are some of my ideas of what you could do:
You should learn how clojure protocols are working and figure out how
the code flows in
core.matrix.
Also, watch the numerical clojure mailing list and get involved
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/numerical-clojure
(There is currently an active discussion about a Data Set
implementation of core.matrix
 which could be a good starting point)

greetings
Maik