I would also recommend Luminus as a user friendly start you can generate a
new project with Selmer for views (Django style), authentication,
migrations and db persistence out the gate with either mysql, postgres,
mongo (or H2 as default if you select neither) and Korma as db dsl.

It will give you good understanding of how the moving parts work together
and the docs are really good.

http://www.luminusweb.net/docs/profiles.md  - to see how to create a
project with the tools you want

To generate a site with postgres for example:

lein new luminus myapp +site +postgres
Then to fire up the app server:

lein ring server

And you'll see the project in your browser to start experimenting with the
plumbing.

The home page will instruct you how to run the migrations as your first step.

I found it to be an excellent entry to Clojure web dev, mixing in and trying
different libraries.