I always felt that clojure compared to java is about 10x more dense, but
only 3x harder to read and write in lines, and the overhead is dependent on
the level of abstraction, as it should be.  Having only the essence removes
noise.

Also, in java, raising the level of abstraction generally creates more
code, in clojure it creates less.