In common lisp I had the following code:
(let (
      (difference)
      (i)
      (val)
      )
  (loop for i from 1 to 10000000 do
       (setq val (sqrt i))
       (setq difference (abs (- (expt val 2) (* val val))))
       (unless (< difference 1.1755025E-38)
         (print (format nil "Different for ~D (~F)." i difference))
         )))

Clojure works a little bit different. Until now I have the following with
comes near the above:
  (for [i (range 1 1000)]
       (do
       (def ^:dynamic val (Math/sqrt i))
       (def ^:dynamic difference (Math/abs (- (Math/pow val 2) (* val
val))))
       (when (> difference 1.1755025E-38)
         (println (format "Different for %d (%e)" i difference))
         )))

But beside that this defines the two variables val and difference, it also
generates a lot of nil values.

What would be a better way to do this in Clojure?

--
Cecil Westerhof